Saturday 12 October 2024

LADIES CAPTAIN'S FAREWELL AND THANKS

I am still trying to understand how the last 12 months can have passed so quickly and that my year as Ladies Captain is now over.  Together we have enjoyed so may fun events and memorable moments, all of which I will remember with a smile.

For those of you that played in the Captain's Farewell Texas Scramble yesterday, I hope that you enjoyed your game despite the periodic downpours - I was pleased that the sun did appear albeit quite late in the day.  Thank you and well done to my playing partners Liz Fertacz, Aileen Hamilton and Fanny Christie for bringing in the winning score of 59 and to Claire Bidwell, Sheila Bruce, Jane Cameron and Linda Rice who came second with 61.

The winner of the Wee Course stableford competition was Jean Laburn (18 points) with Jeannie Webster the runner-up (17 on c/back from Muriel McPherson).

I would like to thank you for the beautiful flowers I received at last night's Ladies Annual Meeting, and for your kindness and support during my year.  I am very proud to have had the privilege of serving as Captain of such a wonderful Ladies section – it has been an honour and an absolute pleasure.

I would also record my thanks to my Ladies Committee for their support during the past 12 months, and also for their fundraising activities.  We have raised a total of £2,815 for Scotland's Charity Air Ambulance and I am most grateful to all members that have supported this worthwhile charity.

It is now time for me to pass over to Maggie, our 58th Ladies Captain, and I wish her, her Vice Captain Heather, and Committee members Pauline, Marion and Morna all the best for the 2024-25 season.  I know that you will join me in wishing them all a very successful year.