Thursday, 27 August 2026

LADY CAPTAIN'S DAY 26TH AUGUST 2026

What a lovely day!  Weather perfect! Ambience, happy, lots of laughter and that is what I wanted.  I started the ladies off with bags of sweeties and on their round I was the hostess with the mostest,  supplying, water, fruit and chocolates from my buggy as the ladies  played golf.

Rosemount 44 players

1st Prize winning Glen Appin Harris Tweed Bags - Janice Lang and Marion Kay (41 points on c/b)

2nd prize winning Novelty Driver Covers - Pauline Hill and Barbi Young (41 points)

3rd Prize winning Sun Visors - Cassie Grant and Fiona Johnston (40 points)

It was Close!!

Nearest the Pin Division 1 (small golf bag) -  Jo Menzies

Nearest the Pin Division 2 (small golf bag) -  Angela Rooney


Longest Drive Division 1 (Ball washer and Gleneagles Marker)  - Anne Walker

Longest Drive Division 2 (Ball washer and Gleneagles Marker) -  Barbi Young


Wee Course Competition 6 players

Winner - Susan Smith (18 points)

Runner-up -  Jeannie Webster  (17 points)

Nearest the pin in 2 on the 4th..... Patsy Duffy


Guess who?





Heather Dawson Ladies Captain


Morna announcing the winners



                               


                                         

                                                                                                                          

I hope everybody enjoyed the day as much as I did!  Thank you to the catering staff for producing some delicious food.  Thanks to Greg starting us off with the water and  chocolates on the course, followed by lovely summer cocktails. To the office, Sean, Nicky and Zoe who are such a great help to me.  Thank you ladies for supporting my day and a huge thank you for donating £176 for CHAS.  This brings the total so far raised to  £2356.52.  It is very much appreciated. and I am very proud.


Heather Dawson

Ladies Captain