Tuesday 24 September 2013

NEWS FROM AMERICA

Just received an email from Emily Aird - and it sounds as if
she is having a  great time!
"The Jets ( my University golf team)  have gotten off to a good start this fall, we finished third in our first tournament in Pueblo, Colorado where I manage to contribute two  77’s and secured a top ten finish for myself.  Our second tournament was in San Angelo Texas and we finished runner up, losing out to St. Edwards College by two strokes, I had a really good first round of 74 but not such a good second - 81.  But following these two performances we are now ranked third in the nation.
 
I’m having a great time here in Kansas, the heat took some getting used to but we did have our first storm (since I’ve been here) the other day and it was quite spectacular -  the thunder was so intense our entire room shook with the force of it! The rain made me feel very at home though. Everybody here is very nice and the other girls on the team are great and we get along really well, they’ve made the road trips very entertaining - which is always nice considering we had two eight hour drives for our first two tournaments, fortunately the remaining two in the fall are shorter journeys but they are not until October and I will be sure to let you know how I get on."
  
Emily