Tuesday 19 November 2013

LETTER FROM EMILY AIRD

November 16th 2013

Hullo Ladies!
My team, The Lady Jets,  finished fifth in our final two tournaments, both of which were in Oklahoma - one in Edmund and the other  in Fort Sill. This marked the end of our fall season and our next tournament isn't until February when we travel to San Antonio.  Unfortunately being in off season means that there is less golf and more school, but with finals approaching fast that's probably not such a bad idea.
I finally turned eighteen and was able to get an American bank account!  We went out dancing as a team along with the men's golf team and I learned how to two-step which was a lot of fun.  We celebrated Halloween (which is even bigger here than I realized) by going to a corn maze and successfully getting lost, but those things are confusing, especially in the dark when none of us thought to bring a torch - oops...

Off season practice though is a little different, our Coach has us doing some interesting things, we have to chip and putt using just our left arms - it was easier than I thought it would be though.  Although with it starting to get colder we have to get inventive with keeping ourselves warm, the other day half of us had to do jumping jacks while the other half were chipping into a circle and then we switched - I think it's safe to say I've never done so many jumping jacks in my entire life - but they did the job! 
The semester is almost over, with only two more weeks until finals begin, it  won't be long until I'm home again, not sure if I'm ready for how cold it's going to be.   Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Best Wishes

Emily