Thursday 7 October 2021

Final Update

 

My time being your Captain has passed so quickly- I cannot quite believe two years have passed since I took over from Fiona.  I have to say it was different to what I expected but it has been a very enjoyable experience and I am grateful for all the support and friendliness which I have encountered along the way.   I thank you all for the confidence you placed in me and it has been a privilege to have served as your Ladies Captain.  

The final winners are as follows:- 

The Medal Winners Medal winner was Mary Hope (net 73 bih) with Carolyn Haddow as runner up also with net 73. 

A total of 80 ladies took part in the Eclectic competition on Rosemount which was won by Heather Anderson with a net 62 (bih) with Janice Lang as runner up also with a net  62.   

The SLGA Best 4 rounds in Division 1 was won by Claire Bidwell with a total of 295 and in Division 2, the winner was Meriel Walker with a total of  294.

The winners of the Bob Malcolm Mixed Open were Janice Lang and Gordon Mitchell, who had the best score from  Blairgowrie members. 

and just played today, the Gellatly Rosebowls winners by 1 up are Noreen Fordyce and Janette Hamilton who beat Sue Waddell and Brenda Kerr. 

Heather Welsh won the Best 3 Medal Rounds competition on the Wee Course with 60 points  and Shirley Irvine was  runner up with 58 points.

The Ladies Captain v Ladies Vice Captain started in wet conditions but shortly after developed into a dry but breezy day.   What should have started our season off literally became the last match of the season.  The result was 5½ to 4½ -  the Ladies Captain’s team won but the result could have gone either way as it very much depended on the last team’s score.  The ladies enjoyed a complimentary glass of wine or mocktail after play and the Friendship Bowl was presented to the Ladies Captain.

                     


                     


 
Congratulations to all our winners this season.    I have really enjoyed keeping you all in the loop as much as possible with results and sharing some unusual pictures from the courses.    

I look forward to seeing you all soon.

 

Margret Kerr, Ladies Captain