Saturday 8 October 2022

AU REVOIR AND THANKS FROM GILL

This is my final blog in which I would like to thank most sincerely all the lady members for their kindness and support during my year as Ladies Captain.  It has been a great experience for me but I am now ready to pass the reins to Sue, the new Ladies Captain, who I am sure is going to have a very successful year.

Thank you to everyone who played in the Captain's Farewell Texas Scramble yesterday.  It was intended to be a fun competition to round off the year and I think everyone enjoyed it.  Well done to the winning team of Heather Anderson, Pauline Hill, Margaret Hunter and Janet McKenzie who had a terrific score of 57, beating Lorraine MacGregor, Jo Stewart and Gillian Wallace into second place with 62. Thanks to my excellent playing partners, Moira Campsie, Fiona Edwards and Erica Espley for their company.

I would like to thank you for the beautiful flowers I received at yesterday's Ladies Annual Meeting, as well as the photo book of my year which is a wonderful memento.

I look forward to a relaxing golfing year (but I will be trying to win some prizes of course!) and will see you soon on the course.

It just remains for me to wish Sue, her Vice-Captain, Elaine, and Committee members Heather and Anne all the very best for the forthcoming season.