Saturday 14 October 2023

THAT'S ALL FOLKS...........

I cannot believe that it is 12 months since I took on the role of Ladies Captain, the year has gone surprisingly fast! 

I have thoroughly enjoyed being Ladies Captain and I am proud to have been Captain of such a wonderful Ladies Section. This is my final blog and I would like to thank all of you for your enthusiasm, kindness and support during my year. 

It is now time for me to pass over to Elaine, our new Ladies Captain. I know that you will all give Elaine your full support and I wish Elaine and her new committee a very successful year.

For those of you that played in the Captain's Farewell Texas Scramble yesterday, I hope that you enjoyed your game. I was pleased that the weather stayed fair for my final competition as Captain. Well done to the winning team of Marion Brown, Carolyn Haddow, Mary Hope and Lorraine MacGregor with a score of 60 beating Maureen Brass, Hilary Inglis, Marion Kay and Gillian Wallace into second place with 62. Thanks also to my playing partners Fiona Edwards and Margaret Hunter, we had a fun afternoon and that's what golf is all about.

I would like to thank you for the beautiful flowers I received at last night's Ladies Annual Meeting. 

I am looking forward to a more relaxing golf season next year, but just now I am delighted to have some more free time!

It just remains for me to wish Elaine, her Vice-Captain, Maggie, and Committee members Heather, Anne and Pauline all the very best for the 2023-24 season.